Low/High FICO Scores
Freddie Mac has given us an indication of low vs. high scores on their Gold Measure Worksheet.The following scale assesses Risk Units (RUs) for a borrower:
- Borrowers with a score above 760 are in the "high" range. The score is positively compensating.
- Borrowers with a score between 680 and 760 are in the "mid" range. The score does not add anything to the files, but does not detract.
- Scores from 680 to 620 are low but can be acceptable. Approvals must be justified carefully and files documented thoroughly.
- Scores below 620 are very "low" and may not be acceptable for conventional financing.
- A score below 600 is probably prohibitive.